Wednesday, March 4, 2009 By: Suzanne

Can You Keep A Secret: Audio


This hilarious and moving story story is by Sophie Kinsella, the author of the Shopaholic series (which I have not read but will now after I see the movie). From the cover:

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets:
From her parents: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. From her boyfriend: I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: My G-string is killing me.

Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger...

There's actually a little more on the back but I think it's fun to leave that part out and let you find out for yourself! I really enjoyed this right from the beginning. Emma made me laugh right out loud as I was driving several times. She reminded me a bit of Bridget Jones, and I just loved those. The narrator, Emily Gray, was just wonderful too. She's has the right amount of frustration at the world, sarcasm, and naivete at just the right times. There were several times that I almost brought the cds in the house with me so I could finish but I knew I'd be very sad the next time I got in the car and didn't have it to listen to. Pick up the book, listen to the audio book, whichever you prefer, but you must read this book!

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Oh my! I absolutely love Sophie Kinsella! You'll love the Shopoholic series - funny, funny, funny!

Jenn said...

I've gotta check it out! Okay so do tell..how many books do your read/listen to a week??? You go girl!

Suzanne said...

Reading - depends on the book. How long it is, how interesting. Sometimes I get through two or three and sometimes it takes me two or three weeks to get through one!

Audio - I listen to about two books a week. I have an hour commute both ways!

Followers