Friday, May 22, 2009 By: Suzanne

Friday 56: A Magick Life

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

From A Magick Life: A Biography of Aleister Crowley

Although he avoided chapel services in college and remained a fierce critic of established Christianity, be it Anglicanism, Roman Catholicism, or the Plymouth Brethren, Crowley did not give up all thought of religion.

8 comments:

nfmgirl said...

I posted mine

Unknown said...

I got my Friday 56 posted!

Here it is:
http://justjenniferreading.blogspot.com/2009/05/its-friday-56_22.html

Thanks for this one. I like doing this. Sometimes the lines that I get are really enticing....

Kristi said...

Here is mine.Yours sounds a little too deep for a holiday weekend! :)

Andrea said...

Here is mine

Gaby317 said...

Hi Tonya,

Here's the link to my post:

http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com/2009/05/friday-56.html


Here's my Friday 56 entry:

Lose the negative self-talk. I'm referring to that little voice in your head that passes judgment on your every move. Whenever you catch yourself thinking, "I'll never get this report done" or "My house is a filthy wreck," stop yourself and redirect your thinking. Instead, replay the thought with a positive spin: "I will do my absolute best to meet this deadline" and "I love this house for all its wonderful memories." Forcing these thoughts might feel silly, but I promise you: It will help you feel more in control of your life, and it will build your self-respect and self-confidence. And, as we now know, that is integral to achieving your health and weight-loss goals!

-Flat Belly Diet by Liz Vaccariello

Gaby317 said...

i have an award for you on my site

http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com/2009/05/book-bloggers-new-discovery-award.html

gaby

The Book Resort said...

Here's mine:

http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/05/friday-56_22.html

Debbie Rodgers said...

22May09:

"When Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, few people had the poor taste to ask what she had done, or even claimed to do, for the cause of peace."

pg 56 The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory & Practice

Followers