Saturday, May 9, 2009 By: Suzanne

Challenges....uggghhhhhh

What can I say but that I am failing miserably at those challenges. I think it must be like having to read a certain book for high school English. The book may be wonderful but it's REQUIRED so it's probably just not going to happen! Seriously, I have some of the books sitting on my shelf but there are other, so much more interesting books I want to read first. I simply don't know when I'm going to get around to the books in those challenges. I'm stopping for now, admitting defeat and taking down the sidebar. I will read those books eventually. I picked them because I knew I would enjoy them but I just don't think I'll get to them in time to finish these challenges. I'm going to work my way through the piles (yes, plural) of unread books in my house and then maybe I'll try one challenge at a time. Maybe something strictly fantasy...

4 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Read whatever the heck you want to read, girl! We're adults - it's fun like that. hehehehe

The Book Resort said...

Hey, reading is supposed to be FUN!!!

Suzanne said...

Yep, that's why I'm not doing the challenges anymore. I thought they'd be fun but it's one more thing that makes my favorite relaxing past-time feel like work.

Libertine said...

I never liked to read to the time target. There are books I read with speed and there are books I like to digest, and cherish, so it takes longer and then I'm too late for any discussions :-) Read for pleasure!

Followers