Tuesday, September 23, 2008 By: rcIsHere

Lisey's Story by Stephen King

I have been a big Stephen King fan in a long time. In fact, I pretty much swore off his work for years, and I do mean YEARS. (lol) However, whether you are a Stephen King fan, or a former fan who lost interest in his flights of fancy, and long winded (VERY long winded at times) prose, I think you will enjoy Lisey's Story. It is about a woman who's husband has died. The husband was a very famous author and the woman is dealing with the passing of her husband she loved very much. Since this is Stephen King who is doing the writing, there is of course the weird, the macabre, and the other worldlyness he is famous for. However, the story is wel written and he keeps his flights of fancy to a minimum. I would highly reccomend this book.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

I was also impressed with this book. For a long time Tommyknockers was my favorite Stephen King book but I think that Lisey's Story has surpassed it. It is very well written and a tearjerker.

Followers