Thursday, July 9, 2009 By: Suzanne

Friday 56: Sookie!

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I have a bad habit of waiting until late in the day to do the 56 lately so I'm posting the night before this time while I'm at the computer and thinking about it. Otherwise I might get wrapped up in that extremely addicting game of Farm Town and never make it back.


This week the book closest to me is the one I'm actually reading, not what's posted on my blog as what I'm reading. (Maybe I should fix that). I got hooked on the HBO show True Blood so I decided to read the books and see if they're any good. So far they're pretty fun. Kind of in the realm of fluff but, I tell you, ever so much better than Twilight (which I will hate till my dying day). The only think that bothers me is Sookie's best friend in the show doesn't appear to be a character in the book. I really like her, so that's sad for me. I'm only on page 151 so, if she shows up later or in another book, someone let me know. It won't be a spoiler. It will simply keep me from wondering all the time. If she's simply a creation of the writers of the show, they did a good job of making her fit with the rest of the crazy people in Bon Temps. Anyway, here's my 56 for this week:

"Her young man was killed in the war"
"The Civil War."
"Yes. I came back from the battlefield. I was one of the lucky ones. At least I thought so at the time."
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

I added a little more simply because I liked this conversation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good one!! I wonder what happens to make him change his mind!

Mine's HERE
http://ilratb.blogspot.com/2009/07/1_09.html

Whitney said...

That's a great one! I'd like to read this series soon.
Mine's here: http://bookwormwhit.livejournal.com/116082.html

Andrea said...

Here is mine

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

I've been wanting to read the Sookie series, just haven't had the time!

Here's mine :

http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-56-july-10th.html

Nita said...

Another chiming in to say been thinking about reading the Sookie series - Amazon has a pretty good deal on the first eight in a boxed set, so maybe the time is now.

Mine is here.

Gaby317 said...

Sounds really good!

Here's mine, from Holly's Inbox:
http://startingfresh-gaby317.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-58-week-8.html

Shannansbooks said...

Sounds good. I am kind of waiting awhile to read the series because I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Here is my link:http://shannanlovesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-56_17.html

Followers